This page is for New SmugMug. Click here for Legacy SmugMug.
We give you complete control over your site design, so you can be you.
Our preloaded Designs all come with defined content blocks, THEMES and layouts. If you choose to use a Design, you can change the THEME site wide or at the homepage, folder or gallery level.
- You can replace the design's THEME with one of the other themes we provide OR
- You can edit the design's THEME by clicking the wrench (to change individual elements like font) OR
- You can create your own THEME to pick your own color and font combination.
You then have the option to Preview the changes. If you like what you see, you can give your new THEME a unique name so that it saves for later.
Click on DONE to apply your new THEME.
And of course, if you've chosen to start with a blank slate by picking the SmugMug default design you'll be able to deck your own design out to the nines.
- We've created a wide variety of THEMES for you to start with, including textures, patterns, abstracts, colors and images.
- If you don't see something you like, you can use the create theme button at the bottom to create your own unique theme that can be applied to your site.
By starting with the SmugMug Default THEME, you're able to create your very own, unique Themes.
The basics to the Look and Feel of your design are colors and fonts.- When you choose a primary color, we will automagically create 30 different shades of that color for you, creating a complete color scheme for context and meaning.
- You can still override the complimentary colors for your Text and Accents if you wish to.
- You may choose your Heading and Body fonts from our extensive font library.
- Once you've named your Theme, it will be saved for you to use again, on other pages.
- Choose your background page color with the color picker tool.
- Control the color of the sections of your pages or site.
- Add your own image as your page/site background. Upload the image and then choose it from the picker tool.
FYI: The background color values offer an alpha channel - which specifies the opacity of the object. A color value is specified using a color picker or Hex code value. The alpha parameter is a number between 0.0 (fully transparent) and 1.0 (fully opaque). We offer a slider that shows the percentage selected instead of directly entering a value.
If you've got the skills, you've got the option to completely code your own Theme.
- Click Edit to open a CSS edit box.
- Save your fingers! Code Completion is built in.