How do I install or update the Lightroom plugin?
Ready to make your workflow even easier with SmugMug’s Lightroom plug-in? We’ve got the full details below on how to install and update it.
If you’re updating an existing version of our plug-in, you’ll first want to quit Lightroom before proceeding with your installation method of choice.
Make sure your plug-in is up to date! Neither Adobe nor SmugMug supports the older versions of our plug-in, and we don’t want your experience to degrade in any way. The latest version auto-updates and should keep your workflow running smoothly without worry.
- Grab the Creative Cloud App Manager and install it if it isn’t already on your machine.
- Turn on “Files Sync” when you've installed Creative Cloud so plug-ins will be automatically synced.
- Install the SmugMug plug-in.
- You’re done! Restart Lightroom CC and have fun editing your photos.
- Download and install the Extension Manager if you don’t already have it.
- Visit the SmugMug plug-in page and click the “Where to find it” tab.
- Select “Download / Install your Add-on another way.”
- Then click “Download using Extension Manager.”
- Click the “Download SmugMug Publish Plugin” button and follow the installation instructions.
- Open the Extension manager and install the SmugMug plug-in by selecting File > Install extension.
- Select the SmugMug .zxp file you downloaded in the previous step. You’re all set! Restart Lightroom and enjoy.
- Download the latest version of the plugin HERE.
- Unzip the plugin file.
- Move SmugMug.lrplugin to your desired folder, replacing your-username with, well, your username.
- Mac OSX: /Users/your-username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules
- Windows Vista/7/8: C:\Users\your-username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Users\your-username\Application Data\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules
- To make these locations visible, use these instructions for Mac OSX or Windows. You might need to create the Modules folder for a first-time installation.
- Start Lightroom.
- Select File > Plug-in Manager.
- Click the Add button.
- Browse to the folder where you saved the plugin and select it. Then click Add Plug-in.
- The plugin should show that it's Installed and Running. Click "Done," and you're set.