Lots! This is a comprehensive list of third-party uploaders, downloaders, service migration tools, and other utilities.
These third-party apps come as is and were not developed by SmugMug, so we cannot guarantee their compatibility or functionality. Please contact the individual app developers at the links below for support.
Want to get your app listed on this page? Email email@example.com for approval.
Your photos from you to SmugMug.
- Lightroom Publish Service - One click uploading from Lightroom 3 and higher using the Official SmugMug Publish Service. Drag and drop your photos to your galleries from within LR to upload and easily update new edits in LR to replace already uploaded images on SmugMug. Effortlessly sync client selected images on SmugMug back to LR with the click of a button.
- Smug Syncback for Lightroom* - Syncs any photo titles, captions, and keywords edited on SmugMug back into Lightroom. *This is third party software which relies on the official SmugMug Publish Service above.
- Aperture - Upload to SmugMug directly through Aperture as well as manage your images once they're there.
- Adobe Photoshop Family - Elements 5/6, CS3 - How to upload.
- BlogStomp - Helps improve your workflow efficiency by resizing, creating collages, cropping, and adding your watermark to your images in one fell swoop. Then upload an entire gallery directly to SmugMug without leaving the app so you can do more of what you love: taking photos.
- F-Spot - Personal photo management for the GNOME Desktop.
- FileUpload for SmugMug - PERL script for command-line uploading.
- FotoFox - Firefox extension for uploading to SmugMug.
- Jeffrey Friedl's Lightroom plugin - This plugin allows you to export images from Lightroom directly to your SmugMug account.
- Komodo Drop - Drag-and-drop application for Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux.
- PicBackMan - A fully automatic SmugMug photo and video uploader for Windows and Mac. It allows users to download their photo and video collections in SmugMug with ease, and maintains folder hierarchy during upload.
- Poster - A simple uploader for SmugMug and other services. It requires Mac OS X 10.6 and can be purchased through the Mac App Store.
- QuickMug - Command-line ruby gem for uploading images to your SmugMug account.
- Send To SmugMug - Excellent Windows-based upload tool.
- ShowItWeb Uploader - Upload ShowItWeb slideshows and other media directly to SmugMug.
- SmugLine - An open-source command-line tool for SmugMug written in python.
- SmugMug uploader - Python-based uploader script.
- SmugPup- A free dashboard widget for uploading to SmugMug, built for Macs.
- smugup - Shell script for command-line uploading.
Your photos from SmugMug back to you.
- Download All directly from your SmugMug site - You can create a zip file of any SmugMug gallery you own directly through SmugMug. While logged in, go to the Gallery and click on Tools > This Gallery > Download All. You'll be sent an email with a link that you can use to download the generated zip file and also send to your clients to download. Zip files are good for 2 weeks before they need to be regenerated.
- RapidFetcher - Downloader for Macs, Win, or Linux! (Adobe Air app.)
- WinDownload - WinDownload is a Windows (.net) utility with a friendly and efficient interface that can be used to download all images from one or more SmugMug galleries to your PC's hard drive.
- CloudBuckit - Desktop application that connects your SmugMug and 20+ cloud services in one place. Upload and download photos from your SmugMug to Dropbox, Google Drive, or any another cloud. Share your photos to Facebook, Twitter, or VK. Everything under one roof.
SmuggLr - Official SmugMug migration tool. Migrate from Flickr, Yahoo!, Zenfolio, Phanfare, Picasa, and Photoshelter to SmugMug with this tool. Keeps your folder structure, too!
Gallery Album to SmugMug - Convert Gallery 1.x or 2.x albums to SmugMug, complete with category/subcategory creation and captions.
Migratr - Migrate your photos from popular sharing services. If SmuggLr won't do it, Migratr might. Currently supports transfers from the following services: 23HQ, AOL Pictures (import only), Faces.com, Flickr, Menalto Gallery (self-hosted), Picasa Web, Phanfare, Zenfolio, Zooomr!
- GeoTagr - Turns your iPhone into a GPS data logger with geotagging capabilities for images taken on your DSLR or other camera.
- Sync Photo - Copy select SmugMug galleries to your iOS device for offline viewing.
- Stereo Photo Viewer 3D - View SmugMug public and unlisted 3D parallel photos on your smartphone with a stereoscope.
SmugFolio - A fast offline viewer and uploader for SmugMug that will auto download your photos for offline viewing wherever you go.
- Appreplica - Add your SmugMug galleries with full screen slideshows and real-time synchronization to your Wordpress powered or custom coded sites.
- QuickSmug - Easily embed QT videos into your WordPress blog.
SmugBuy - Easily insert SmugMug Buy links directly into your blog using shortcode with this plugin.
SmugWP - Insert photos from SmugMug into your WordPress blog with Lightbox 2 support, Gallery ID confirm, and redirect (think DigiProofs).
- Publish to Facebook - Publish directly to Facebook through your SmugMug site.
Phixr - Online photo editor.
Obra - Obra is a PowerShell drive for SmugMug. It provides a command-line interface with access to PowerShell cmdlets for programmatic use. It exposes albums as directories, media as files, and EXIF data as properties.
Scripts and Widgets
smug_screenshot - OSX shell script for screenshot uploading
Toolkits and Frameworks
Actionscript - Flex/AIR/Flash 9 Wrapper, as3smugmuglib.
ColdFusion - ColdFusion Wrapper, CFSmug.
Haskell - Daniel Patterson's Haskell wrapper, HSmugAPI.
PHP - Colin Seymour's PHP wrapper, phpSmug (supports API 1.3.0).
PHP - DFM Smug Wrapper (supports API 2.0)
Python - Python API wrapper for SmugMug SmugMug API.
Python library for SmugMug API that supports Oauth and Google App Engine smugpy.