How do I upload from Aperture?
When you open Aperture, go to Aperture > Preferences and click on the “Accounts” tab. Hit the little + symbol to open up the available services dialog:
Select SmugMug and click Add.
Once added, you’ll be prompted in a web browser to sign in to your SmugMug account and authorize the connection. Remember that if you change your mind, you can visit your SmugMug Account Settings > Privacy and revoke permission of any previously authorized accounts. Once authorized, select the Aperture app again and you'll see the below prompt.
Now you should see all your SmugMug galleries in the preview pane on the right. You’ll see your account listed in the tree on the left, along with any of your local files and projects.
Managing Your SmugMug Galleries
You can easily access any gallery’s settings by clicking the little SmugMug drop down in the bottom and choosing Settings.
From there, you can update the most-used aspects of your gallery: the name, location, quick settings, thumbnail shape, comments, and privacy settings.
Uploading to SmugMug
Select the photos you want to upload from your latest project or your photo stream, then click the Share icon at the top. When you’ve synced your account as described above, SmugMug will be there waiting for you.
Create a new gallery—or upload to an existing one—then pick your settings, and you’re good to go.
Multiple Aperture Libraries?
Click File > Web Accounts > Enable SmugMug.
- Aperture version 3.5 or higher is required for native SmugMug sharing.
- Aperture recompresses images with a JPEG quality of 0.83 by default. This could cause an image's file size to be smaller on SmugMug, but there should be no visible differences in image quality.
- Information about adding and managing your SmugMug account in Aperture is available in the Help documentation within Aperture under Help > Aperture Help.
- Take advantage of the Apple Support Forums to ask a question, or to see if your question has been answered already.
- Provide Aperture feedback or report issues.
- If you're experiencing serious issues that need immediate attention, you can call AppleCare at 1-800-275-2273, which is available from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Central time.