Great display of your photos is our obsession.
Click fatigue is our enemy.
Have it your way
Unless you choose the viewing style for your visitors?, your gallery will display a Style button, upper right. It includes our best viewing styles: SmugMug, Thumbnails, Slideshow and Journal.
We'll remember your preference the next time you visit.
The default gallery style is SmugMug, which automagically adjusts the size of the main image and the number of thumbnails to better fit your browser window.
Big monitor? Open up your window and we'll fill it. Tell me more.
In the SmugMug viewing style, click the big photo on the right and it becomes the center of attention:
- We'll automatically choose the biggest size available to fit your browser window, but you can click L above the photo to make Large your preferred size.
- We'll show Owner Save when you're logged in, and clicking will download the full resolution original image to your computer.
- Click Collect Photo to show this photo in another gallery.
- Click Show Details to display any Comments, Camera Info, or Keywords for the photo.
- Click Close to bring the house lights up.
Bigger is better
Our viewing styles will also stretch to fill your screen, without compromising image quality:
Note: Still love our old Journal viewing style where the caption and photo were side-by-side? Or old Traditional or All Thumbs? No worries, we kept them just for you. In the gallery settings for each gallery, you'll see you can force any of our viewing styles (old or new) for the gallery.
Your galleries each have a Slideshow button, upper right. It delivers a full screen slideshow with photos made especially for your monitor size. Move to a different computer and we'll automatically make photos to fit your new monitor.
Power, Portfolio and Business users can hide? the slideshow button. Please note that the slideshow looks best if you don't block? the largest photo sizes.
Don't leave SmugMug at home. Hit the road and view a smooth, lightweight version of your site when you browse on mobile devices like iPhones.