Love to flaunt your photos on the internet? How about a badge to tempt curious viewers to your site? As a SmugMugger you can configure your own slideshow or badge and snag the code to post on websites, blogs, or forums.
Look for that Share button (or Owner Share) at the top of your gallery pages. Click that and you'll see the Show Off option under the Owner Only section.
Gotcha: For your slideshow and badges to work, the site to which you're posting should allow HTML. Additionally, viewers must have Flash to see the goods.
Wait, can anyone share my photos like this?
No. Don't worry about visitors being able to use these features to post your images without your consent. These features are only visible to you as the logged-in account holder. Even if you have Easy Sharing turned on in your gallery settings, visitors can only see the top four options.
By default the flash slideshow will be fairly small and the images in it will display in random order. Look at the preview and if you like it, you can skip to Copy Embed Code and paste it into your website right away.
If you feel like tweaking, click the Configure Options button to see what else you can do. This will bring up a window with lots of customizable parameters.What do those mean?
- Width/Height: The overall size of the slideshow window.
- Click to image: Clicking the image that's displayed will open the gallery and go right to that photo.
- Captions: The main photo's caption will appear by default under it in the slideshow.
- Show thumbnails: Display the scrolling preview strip at the bottom.
- Auto start: It's "yes" by default, you can allow your visitors to start the slideshow when they're ready.
- Show speed: Your visitors can choose the speed of their show: Slow, Medium, or Fast, by default. Click "No" to remove those options and just play the slideshow at medium speed.
- Page style: Toggle the background to black or white to match your webpage.
- Show buttons: Two gray arrows and a pause button normally appear on the photo so that your viewers can go back, skip ahead, and pause.
- Random start: We'll pick any image to begin, but set this to "No" if you want it to be the first photo in the gallery.
- Randomize: Surprises are fun, so the slideshow will randomize your images unless you tell it otherwise.
- Splash URL: The image that shows up while the slideshow is loading.
- Splash Display: How long the splash image will stay visible before the show starts.
- Cross fade speed: How quickly do you want to transition between photos?
If you're a Business Account holder, you can choose whether to show SmugMug's logo in the corner.
When you're ready to preview your changes, click the Update Slideshow button and watch your new presentation appear. Copy Embed Code will grab it to your clipboard so you can post it into the site of your choice.
Get a Badge
Like slideshows, badges are little animated teasers for your gallery. We'll start you off with 12 small tiles and fit your photos as best they can within the frame. The photos will load from the current gallery, but you can make a badge for your Most Popular Photos or your Recent Photos stream by clicking the links under the badge preview. We give you four preset styles to use if you have a specific shape or size in mind.
Feel free to click Configure Options and play with the background color, grid spacing, timing, order, and much more. Need more help?
- Width/Height: The overall size of the badge.
- Grid spacing: How much room you'll have between images in the badge.
- Columns/Rows: Change the number of images in each row and column of the badge.
- Background: The six digit hex code to specify a background color for the grid.
- Preloader color: While the badge is loading, you'll see a little animated swirly. Pick a color code for the text if white won't suit you.
- Preloader glow: Match the glow color of the swirly text!
- Image display: How long each image will stay up when enlarged.
- Grid display: How long the grid will show between image views.
- Order: Shuffle the order the images are showcased or keep them in the default order in the gallery.
- Image Size: By default, the image display will fit the image to the total grid size. If it doesn't look sharp to you and your badge is large enough, you can set it to display an image with higher resolution.
- Show captions: Love your words! You can check this to display your captions with each photo.
- Loading effect: When your badge loads you can have the images zoom into place or drop down from above.
- About link: If you enter a link here, we'll overlay a small icon in the corner of the badge. Your viewers will be taken to your link when they click on the icon.
View your changes by clicking Update Badge. If you're satisfied, hit Copy Embed Code and you'll be ready to post it into your website or blog.