Had an adventure? Show where you've been!
On your own SmugMug site, you can flaunt your photos on a homepage map, or with a Map this! button on your pages.
- Dgrin's world tour
- Eye on New York
- See photos from all over SmugMug on our browse page map.
Get your photo on a map
Things to know:
- Hidden photos, photos in password-protected or unlisted galleries, and photos protected by a site-wide viewing password will not show on maps.
- Your site-wide Discovery settings in your Account Settings must be "Yes" for SmugMug Search Visibility, and your gallery settings should have "Inherit site-wide setting" for Hello Smuggers.
- The Edit Geography option in your gallery settings must be set to "Yes".
Ways to tell us where the photo was taken:
- If your photo has location info embedded in what's called its EXIF (a note stuck to your photo with details like the date it was taken) SmugMug automatically reads it and makes your gallery mappable. Check this SmugBlog entry for ways to embed it.
- Have an iPhone or iPad? Use Camera Awesome and your photos will arrive in your SmugMug gallery all tagged and ready to map.
Add info by hand:
While logged in, select Edit Geography from the Tools Menu.
Enter what you have of the address, as in 1380 S Disneyland Drive, Anaheim, CA.
See if we could find you. If not, scroll to the right place on the map and click.
You'll see a Map This! button on your gallery pages and on your homepage. Click it and have fun!
Cool stuff to do:
- Zoom in or out
- Click & drag to scroll
- Click a map marker to see a thumbnail & caption
- Click the thumbnail to see a larger version
- Click the thumbnails & links on the right column for tricky surprises
You also have an Around the World section of your homepage, just waiting to be enabled.
If you have hidden the Around the World box, you'll want to click the "Homepage Layout" button you see at the top of your homepage, and check Around the World.
FYI: A maximum of 150 pins will show on your homepage map at any time. Sorry!