Can my assistant access my account?
Pros with Business-level accounts can create an assistant password for their account that is separate from their main account password.
Assistants can login using the account email address (or nickname) and assistant password and do everything the account owner can do, with five exceptions:
- Assistants cannot delete photos or galleries or replace photos.
- Assistants can ONLY see the Stats tab of your Account Settings. Everything else is hidden.
- Assistants cannot use the credit card on the account to buy prints or Give the Gift of SmugMug.
- Assistants see your pro pricing in the shopping cart. They cannot order prints "at-cost".
- Assistants cannot access your SmugVault, if you have one, or request backups of your files.
You get one assistant password per account, and you can give it out to as many people as you like. It's the perfect solution for your busy photo business!
Tell me how to set an assistant password
Simply enter your assistant password, and you're done.
You cannot delete your assistant password entirely, but you're welcome to change it to something completely random so that nobody will be able to use it.
Note: Your assistant password must be different than your regular account password. When you're logged in as "assistant" you'll see "Assistant Homepage" at the top of the page, rather than "My Homepage".
FYI: An assistant password allows assistants to change things on your SmugMug site. Because that indicates a certain level of trust, you might consider having assistants add photos by email or give them a guest upload link, instead.